What are you waiting for to set up a gay section on this BB?

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

Bad Boy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
What are you waiting for to set up a gay section on this BB?

Post by Bad Boy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:48 am

Dear amigos Vallartenses,

Knowing that Puerto Vallarta is known to be one of the top gay destinations in the world, why don't you set-up a section in your BB for that important segment of your travel industry? This would be greatly appreciated by everyone.

... food for thoughts!

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:22 am

Assuming that you are not a troll, please go to"Puerto Vallarta Personal Contacts" and then to "Rules for Personals". This will answer your question. If you are a troll, please go away. Thanks. Chuck... 8)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 pm

Agreeing with my fellow moderator Mr. Charlieb, if you aren't troll check out the personal and their rules. as for your idea, there are other websites that deal with this subject and to cater to the alternative lifestyles that are out there in the world. But this BB is not going to be one of them at this time.

thank you for your thoughts and considerations.

8) Tom aka mr crown

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

No need for segregation

Post by webmaster » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm

My personal opinion is that there is no need for segregation.

Post any requests on the normal sections. This has happened before and I've seen no problems with it. If there are any issues we'll think it over. I do remind you to consider that this is mostly a family oriented forum, but you already know that, I guess.

Greetings

Mogens
Webmaster

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Gay Vallarta

Post by Jennybean » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:44 pm

Any and all inquiries about gay Vallarta to date, with the exception of those posting to try and pick up others (which doesn't exactly jibe with a family-oriented MB), have always been answered openly and honestly.

Looking for dining? Answered.
Looking for hotels? Answered.
Looking for clubs? Answered.
Looking for tours? Answered.
Looking for shopping? Answered.

But yes, there are already several websites and message boards out there that cater specifically to the Pink Dollar in Vallarta. If you Google it, you will find dozens of really good ones.

If you have a specific inquiry in mind simply post it here. Otherwise I'd have to agree with the mods, no reason for a segregated section. I suspect any questions a gay/lesbian traveler might have related to the above categories would be the same or similar to that of a family of four traveling for the first time.

We're all people, after all. :)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:49 pm

Well said Jennybean!

Those were my thoughts exactly E)E

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Only my dear sweet friend Jennybean would put it so elegantly. No wonder we love your comments and inspirtations Jenny.

talk to you soon... next trip to vallarta is when??? we are hoping in april if we get the house sold...

8) tom aka mr crown

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gay Section

Post by webmaster » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:03 am

The proposal has been talked over among the moderators and the majority has voted in favour of creating a specific section, mostly to make it easier to locate related information (which I understand, though I prefered not to segregate).

We'll test drive th new section and hope it'll come in handy for those that are interested. We are now talking details over within the Mod Lounge and will implement changes once all is agreed upon.

Thanks for the suggestion and any further ideas, things we can do better, changes, additions, please inform us. We are here to try to provide the best of boards and can only do so if we know your needs.

Greetings

Mogens

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Vallarta

Post by Jennybean » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:29 pm

next trip to vallarta is when???
Maybe July for a week again if I can swing it. I really enjoyed that time last year.

And definitely late October...just waiting for the school schedule to come out in June for the fall sessions to figure out exactly when.

Wish you guys luck in selling, hope it works out for you.

Bad Boy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks Mogen for this addition to your BB

Post by Bad Boy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:43 pm

Hi Mogens,

Thanks for your initiative. I am sure that this will be greatly appreciated by the entire gay community. As you might already be aware, there are two major annual events in Puerto Vallarta. The first one occurs in November and is known as the "Latin Fever" and a second one in January, which is the "Leather and Bear Week". These are major events that attract many tourists and that are known internationaly.

Often the information that is sought by the gay community is not about places that are exclusively gay, but places that are gay friendly (i.e.: restaurants, hotels, cafes, etc). In other words, places that will greet, serve and cater in a respectful manner and sincerely people that have adopted an alternative lifestyle.

Once again, thanks for your open mindness towards the gay community. With time, small gestures like this one will create a better world for everyone to live in.

Amistades,

... Bad Boy

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:27 am

...And isn't being greeted, served and catered to in a respectful manner what we all want? Nothing new there, just respect. Chuck...

ps; BadBoy: Glad you are not a troll.

Bad Boy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Bad Boy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:47 am

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I'm packing my stuff to meet some of my friends in Puerto Vallarta for two weeks and will be arriving on Thursday night this week (tomorrow).

At my return, I'll write a little trip report for those who might be interested.

¡Cariños a todas y todos y hasta lluego!

...Bad Boy

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:30 am

Bad Boy
Safe trip
Enjoy your vacation and
we look forward to your trip report.
Be Good Eh!
:D

paul2
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

We're all people, after all

Post by paul2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:24 pm

I find youre reference to the "pink dollar" a bit insulting.
i live on and use pesos, yes i am a gay man, but please
if posible find some other way to express your "pink dollar"
which i have seen you use a number of times.
Are there black and italian and canadian dollars as well ?
Not to fond of being put in a box....but...sorry i dont mean
to be ofencive, i just find it a bit insulting.

Tom and Alex
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Tom and Alex » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:55 pm

I think more of us should use the "PINK DOLLAR" term more often so that the public would realize there are more of us out there than they think.

Pink dollar, Gay dollar or whatever you want to call it is a strong part of the revenue here in PV as well as many other resorts. Example of the gay doller is evident here where I live. It is not a so called gay community or section of town but 4 of 12 condo units are owned by gay americans.

So you see, our dollar is just as good as the black or canadian dollar and we want this fact recognized. :roll:

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

References

Post by Jennybean » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:09 pm

paulu, I apologize if you find that reference insulting. I was merely repeating how it is referred to by my gay friends, ergo it wasn't meant as an insult.
I think more of us should use the "PINK DOLLAR" term more often so that the public would realize there are more of us out there than they think.
I have seen reference to at least 20% of Vallarta's tourist income being generated by the gay/lesbian traveler, and I believe that may be where and possibly why the term was coined. It was to recognize that they contribute such a huge amount of money to the PV economy. It has absolutely nothing to do with using pesos vs. using dollars, it is an economic reference ONLY.

I recognize them simply as fellow travelers, and always take my cues from them on what is or is not acceptable in language or reference.

Could it be that you're being just a wee bit sensitive about this? Obviously if anyone here had a problem with the life choice we wouldn't be posting in, or supporting, this forum. Try to remember I'm not a gay man or woman, and maybe be a little more understanding of the fact that we do not always know whether the terminology our gay and lesbian friends use liberally is universal, ok?

I'm not your enemy, please do not treat me as such.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Quote:

Try to remember I'm not a gay man or woman, and maybe be a little more understanding of the fact that we do not always know whether the terminology our gay and lesbian friends use liberally is universal, ok?

I agree with Jennybeans words .. to a point :)
We do not always know what is acceptable to another person be Gay or otherwise.
Some people accept crude some do not etc.
I guess maybe :? when with friends and family we know we can use certain words and they will be accepted but those same words may not be accepted with strangers.

I kibitz with my sons and I have a special way of talking with my Gay son.
When I invite him over for dinner I may say Get out of the closet already and get your butt over for dinner.
I certainly would not say that to someone I do not know very well.

just my humble thoughts :)
and... when I read jenny's post I knew she had some very special Gay friends and I took her words as in fun.

through this board and section maybe we can learn what is accepted and not.
I am glad you posted paulu