Commitment Ceremony

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
commitmen ceremony

Post by Menchis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:51 pm

I hope I won’t make anybody uncomfortable with the following question. :oops:
My partner and I want to do a tiny commitment ceremony E> , it will probably just on friend who might come to see us from Queretato but that is it. Any suggestions :idea: to how we can do it and if anybody knows someone that can do it with out going over board with $. :?:
Thank you.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chez Elena

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:56 pm

When checking out our MeetUp location I saw some information that might be useful for you, http://www.cuatrovientos.com/gay.html - other than that I have no further info, I guess you'll get more responses later on. I'll separate these last posts into an independent thread so it'll be easier locatable.

Greetings

Mogens

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Commitment Ceremony

Post by Jennybean » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:36 pm

Zac at Eventful Moments does arrange Commitment Ceremonies as part of their event functionality.

(www.em-vallarta.com)

There is a page devoted to them at the above website. I've seen Zac's work on weddings and parties - incredible!

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Commitment Ceremony

Post by Menchis » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:16 pm

Thank you, I had already send an email to get more information and see if we are going be able to afford it .

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

commitment ceremony

Post by Menchis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:32 pm

For those who are interesting to know to have a small commitment ceremony at Chez Elena (www.cuatrovientos.com/gay.html), is $500.00 dolars. :shock:
I just got the information in.
I think we can wait to have one later this year in Vancouver for that much..mmm too bad! :-|3

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Ceremonies

Post by Jennybean » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:29 pm

Well, if you're looking for something cheaper than that with food, flowers, etc. plus the honorarium for the person providing the ceremony, you might be underestimating how much things cost in Vallarta. Granted, yes, you can often have a nice wedding reception cheaper in Mexico, but it's not so much cheaper that you're going to be able to do it practically free.

You do know that you don't necessarily need an official and a venue to say your commitment vows to each other, right? Since the whole process isn't legal in Mexico anyways, I've heard many times of people who have just picked a beautiful spot, gone out there with friends and said their vows to each other, then gone out for a nice celebratory dinner.

Have you thought of doing that?

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Comm.Ceremony

Post by Menchis » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Yes, we though about it :-|3 and we are going to do that, I mean I was prepare to spend some money but not that much, I never said I what something free but we don't need the flowers and all nine yard to do it, and beside is probably is one friend from Queretaros ( Mexico ) will be with us so I don't think to spend that amount will be ok at this time.I think it will also nice to do our own one what is more romatin than that eh! V-| :wink: we will find our little spot and be witness by my friend and do one back home with all the friends and family sometime this year.
Pv here we come. :D

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Commitment Ceremony

Post by Jennybean » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:49 pm

If there are just three of you, then a package might be too much, I agree.

If it were more people then I'd say go for it but for just a trio, you might as well find a nice oceanfront spot, say your vows, and go to dinner at a lovely spot of your choosing to celebrate with those that matter most to you.

I can recommend for an inexpensive yet delicious meal try Cafe Bohemio on the south side at Rodolfo Gomez 127. Call locally 223-4676 or email them at cafebohemio[at]hotmail.com (remove the "at" and replace with @) and tell them you are looking for a reservation to celebrate a commitment ceremony. Sol and Christopher will take care of you and make sure you have an extra special evening.

They are closed on Sundays.

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

comm. ceremony

Post by Menchis » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Thank you fro the information _O_ , I will check the restaurant, I have read good thing on this one, this is the reason I don't do AI hotel so I can have the freedom to eat and experience the Mexican cuisine.
Hey check thi one, have you heard anything on this one :?: ,www.CabanaClubPV.com

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:55 pm

Has anybody seen Menchis since they got back? Was curious on how their commitment ceremony went.... maybe he will pop in and let us know

8)

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

I am back

Post by Menchis » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:38 pm

tojol57 wrote:Has anybody seen Menchis since they got back? Was curious on how their commitment ceremony went.... maybe he will pop in and let us know

8)
Sorry, I came back Saturday and I don't have a computer at home :( , I used the one at work and since I had been back on Monday it has been very bussy at work, I will try to do a report on my trip as soon I have the time. but on the subject of our commintment ceremony,we had it at Apaches bar, Andria the bar tender and partner of the owner was very happy :D that we decide it to do it there, it is the first time,somebody request her to do it here, it was very informal but romantic at the same time V-| , we had a blast.
:-)4

tojol57

Re: I am back

Post by tojol57 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:57 pm

Menchis wrote:
tojol57 wrote:Has anybody seen Menchis since they got back? Was curious on how their commitment ceremony went.... maybe he will pop in and let us know

8)
Sorry, I came back Saturday and I don't have a computer at home :( , I used the one at work and since I had been back on Monday it has been very bussy at work, I will try to do a report on my trip as soon I have the time. but on the subject of our commintment ceremony,we had it at Apaches bar, Andria the bar tender and partner of the owner was very happy :D that we decide it to do it there, it is the first time,somebody request her to do it here, it was very informal but romantic at the same time V-| , we had a blast.
:-)4
That is fine Menchis... i will look for your report when i get back. We leave on the 22nd for a week at the GCP. So happy that your ceremony was a success... welcome back... take care...

sernia
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: commitmen ceremony

Post by sernia » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Menchis wrote:I hope I won’t make anybody uncomfortable with the following question. :oops:
My partner and I want to do a tiny commitment ceremony E> , it will probably just on friend who might come to see us from Queretato but that is it. Any suggestions :idea: to how we can do it and if anybody knows someone that can do it with out going over board with $. :?:
Thank you.
Hola! Maryanne form Apaches is a "commitment ceremony" legal..she and her partner own Apaches. you can reah her at
044-322-120-6148 local
or long distanct from states: 011-52-322-120-6148
Good luck!

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Apaches

Post by Menchis » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:13 pm

We just came back from PV, and yes we some how found Apaches with out knowing and we had our informal ceremony there, thank you anyways for the information.
Both of them are wounderful people,

Sosa Lover36
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Apaches

Post by Sosa Lover36 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:59 pm

Menchis wrote:We just came back from PV, and yes we some how found Apaches with out knowing and we had our informal ceremony there, thank you anyways for the information.
Both of them are wounderful people,

Congrats Menchis! My lover and I are going down in July and wanted to go through an informal ceremony too as it will be just the 2 of us. How much did just the ceremony cost, if you don't mind me asking? And did you have it right at the bar or did you get to pick a place? Sorry to be grilling you like this, it's just that I've been trying to find someone to do it for over a month now and would like to cross this 1 thing off my list!

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:39 pm

Congrats Menchis! My lover and I are going down in July and wanted to go through an informal ceremony too as it will be just the 2 of us. How much did just the ceremony cost, if you don't mind me asking? And did you have it right at the bar or did you get to pick a place? Sorry to be grilling you like this, it's just that I've been trying to find someone to do it for over a month now and would like to cross this 1 thing off my list![/quote]

Thanks, I am so busy that I feel bad not coming anymore and chat with people, anyways Sernia had provided information on Apaches so if you want you can call them directly you will have the inforamtin before hand. :D
We end up there for pure chance; because we loved the people we decided that we want it to do it at the bar, they did not asked for money but we did gave a small token of our apresiation. :wink: They might have a feed by now, but it worth a shot to call and asked them. If you do, can you tell them that Carmen and Rachel said hi and if they had received our pictures, thank you. Good luck and love evry minute of you holidays.
>:)<

Sosa Lover36
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sosa Lover36 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:59 pm

Menchis wrote:Congrats Menchis! My lover and I are going down in July and wanted to go through an informal ceremony too as it will be just the 2 of us. How much did just the ceremony cost, if you don't mind me asking? And did you have it right at the bar or did you get to pick a place? Sorry to be grilling you like this, it's just that I've been trying to find someone to do it for over a month now and would like to cross this 1 thing off my list!
Thanks, I am so busy that I feel bad not coming anymore and chat with people, anyways Sernia had provided information on Apaches so if you want you can call them directly you will have the inforamtin before hand. :D
We end up there for pure chance; because we loved the people we decided that we want it to do it at the bar, they did not asked for money but we did gave a small token of our apresiation. :wink: They might have a feed by now, but it worth a shot to call and asked them. If you do, can you tell them that Carmen and Rachel said hi and if they had received our pictures, thank you. Good luck and love evry minute of you holidays.
>:)<[/quote]

:D Thanks so much Menchis! We'll be there July 3rd - 10th!! Only a week and a half to go!! Hopefully we'll do it on July 7th, so think of us on that day!
And I promise to to tell them that you said "Hi" and ask them about the pics. I'll let you know about it when we get back.

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:06 pm

:D Thanks so much Menchis! We'll be there July 3rd - 10th!! Only a week and a half to go!! Hopefully we'll do it on July 7th, so think of us on that day!
And I promise to to tell them that you said "Hi" and ask them about the pics. I'll let you know about it when we get back.[/quote]

Congratulation to both of you >:)<
Enjoy everything that PV is to offered, respect to be respecte too. If you need more information on what to do, I have tourist guide of 2006 that I brought with me so if you need more inforamtion in advance, let me know so I can bring the information to work. OK. :wink:

Sosa Lover36
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sosa Lover36 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Thanks, if I come up with any questions I'll let you know. Thanks again for all the info! 1 week and counting!!!!

murrr77
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by murrr77 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:10 am

Hello! My partner and I going to PV over July 4, 2007 and would like to have our commitment ceremony there too.

Can any of you give more details (or options) Apaches and Chez Elana? Is there an email address for Apaches? I read somewhere they are closed during the sumer, true? Do they serve food?

Thank you!