Inhospitable Locations

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

ShanaBanana
PV Fan
PV Fan
Inhospitable Locations

Post by ShanaBanana » Thu May 04, 2006 1:14 am

I saw that somebody knew of several inhospitable locations, but didn't want to mention names. That is understandable, however, I was wondering if anyone could PM me with the names of bars and restaurants that aren't so gay friendly. Let's just say my gay best friend has a mouth on him and I would just like to avoid any situation all together. Thanks

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Inhospitable Locations

Post by katnsocal » Thu May 04, 2006 4:17 am

ShanaBanana wrote:I saw that somebody knew of several inhospitable locations, but didn't want to mention names. That is understandable, however, I was wondering if anyone could PM me with the names of bars and restaurants that aren't so gay friendly. Let's just say my gay best friend has a mouth on him and I would just like to avoid any situation all together. Thanks
You say "your gay best friend has a mouth on him"....that could make any location in-hospitable. Since you will be in a foreign country "any situation" could end up in a not so good place to be. You might want to emphasize he get a grip on his mouth before you go. Nothing worse than ruining your vacation with a unplanned for situation.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:13 pm

i have to agree with Kat here. Get a grip on the mouth, and you will be fine just about anywhere as far as i know.

have a good time, and avoid those dredded situations.

:wink: :lol: 8)

ShanaBanana
PV Fan
PV Fan

yup

Post by ShanaBanana » Thu May 04, 2006 5:28 pm

That's common sense! Those rules apply anywhere!

I do realize after reading your responses that I made him sound a little dramatic. He isn't rude or obtrusive, but he will speak his mind if someone is over the top rude to him (no matter what the reason). Mouth or no mouth I would like to know as I would not like to patronize those places, whether he spoke up or not being treated bad for being gay (or any reason really) would put a temporary damper on the vacation. Thanks for the advice though!

I believe it was jennybean that mentioned she knew of some places that weren't gay friendly.

tojol57

Re: yup

Post by tojol57 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:14 pm

ShanaBanana wrote:That's common sense! Those rules apply anywhere!

I do realize after reading your responses that I made him sound a little dramatic. He isn't rude or obtrusive, but he will speak his mind if someone is over the top rude to him (no matter what the reason). Mouth or no mouth I would like to know as I would not like to patronize those places, whether he spoke up or not being treated bad for being gay (or any reason really) would put a temporary damper on the vacation. Thanks for the advice though!

I believe it was jennybean that mentioned she knew of some places that weren't gay friendly.
viewtopic.php?t=8582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You are right, it was Jennybean, but she didn't name them outright. You might want to PM her, or drop her an e-mail to get her point of view on this in a private manner... good luck, have fun, and enjoy Vallarta...

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Yes

Post by Jennybean » Thu May 04, 2006 8:53 pm

Yes, I would prefer to not outright name places here. I don't want to be accused of trying to ruin anyone's businesses, nor have anyone all over my arse over this, or all over any friends of mine who have mentioned these places to me. Not to mention the issues of putting that out on this board and the hassle it may cause for the board owners.

I've just been told in passing by gay friends of a couple of places and instances that have either outright refused service or been overtly hostile. I can understand why people might want to avoid that, "mouthy" or not.

PM me instead.