Weather in August

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Weather in August

Post by darla » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 pm

I know that August is the REALLY hot and rainy season, but was wondering...how hot is REALLY hot. The temps say 90-95, but I know the heat index makes a difference. Are the mornings still managable (heat wise). I figured we could go into town in the mornings or late afternoons (if it's not raining) and would be better off than in the heat of the day. Does that sound about right?

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Sounds about right to me.. :)

When we are in Mexico or other hot places we do our outings in the morning and early eve..
I enjoy spending hot sunny afternoons in the heat of the day by or in the pool.... on the beach under a palapa having a siesta or enjoying the sounds of the Ocean and wonderful view......

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:16 pm

Early morning is usually fairly comfortable. Mid day is pool/beach time. Late afternoon is siesta time in the air-conditioning. Late afternoon and evening are really, really hot and humid. The humidity is the biggy plus the breeze often lays in the evening. Find a great restaurant for a late dinner. There are a lot of restaurants with air-conditioning, but many that don't have it. They are usually quite accommodating though and will turn the fans toward you, which is a big help. Make sure you always carry a water bottle with you.

bgsnmky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by bgsnmky » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 pm

some places/tours I read say to bring a jacket for the boat ride home at night...but it doesn't seem like that is true in August is it?

Also if we are on the beach really late like 11:00pm to 12:00pm (turtle watching)..do we need jackets/sweatshirts.

Readying this doesn't seem like we do

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:39 pm

You won't need a jacket even at night on the water in Vallarta. You might need an umbrella though. Usually the rain comes somewhere between late afternoon and in the night. It rains so hard sometimes in the evening that you are drenched in about 1 second before you get the umbrella up. So most people don't even bother with the umbrella. It is just part of the adventure. Since everyone else is drenched as well it doesn't really matter. In fact it can be funny. It also feels good after the heat and humidity.

Don't go walking on the beach at night unless you are with a group of people.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:39 pm

DELETED

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Partly Cloudy
Feels Like:104°
Barometer:29.92 in and steady
Humidity:63%
Visibility:Unlimited
Dewpoint:77°
Wind:SSW 5 mph
Sunrise:7:36 am
Sunset:8:37 pm

Our friends are helpful with coping advice. You can get the raw info at weather.com, which can also give you average highs and lows. I get the PV report every day with myyahoo.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:21 pm

FRIGGEN HOT
FEELS LIKE 45 DEGREES
SWUELTERING

CHICO

darla
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by darla » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm

I got back last week from my trip and the weather was just as expected thanks to all for the "what to expect advice". Sunny all day every day until late afternoon and then beautiful thunderstorms.