Recommendations for mixed age groups?

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvbound777
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Recommendations for mixed age groups?

Post by pvbound777 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Traveling with our 19 yr old son, we are in our 40s, 50s, but young at heart! And our son loves to hang with us, we are more like friends! Where can we go that is a good place for mixed age groups? The only one I can think of is Senor Frog, which we will surely visit. Also, is the foam party only for the 20s crowd? We will be in Nuevo Vallarta and are also considering the club tour, can anybody make recommendations on any of this? Muchas gracias!!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm

I recommend Roxy's bar on a Friday or Saturday night. Music doesn't start till around 11 or so and its open till about 6 am. Very mixed crowd...lots of locals...live band which I love. Music varies between rock, latin and raggae. Micheal has been singing raggae there for the last several years that I have been there and Adrianna is amazing!! Sounds just like Janis Joplin and she sings in a variety of places in PV.

Roxy's is more of a bar then a club. Nice and dark and none of the glitz that the other clugs have. I have been going with a girlfriend for years but my 23 year old daughter came with us last year and loved it!

This year I will be taking my husband, daughters and our family friends (ages 21 - 52). I know they will have a good time there!

Just depends what you want in a club or what kind of music you like.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I think if you stroll along the Malecon, and just go into whatever club seems to interest the majority, you will be able to find a place to have fun.

I love live bands, and so Roxy, Bebotero, and La Bodeguita del Medio fit my bill. Just depends on what you like..........Mandala and Punto V are newer, fancy discos on the Malecon.

To me, Senor Frog's is a place for the very young, and I don't think the 40 or 50 yo parents would like it. I am in my 40's, and have teenage kids, and have been travelling to PV since 1984.

Sally

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:51 pm

I think if you stroll along the Malecon, and just go into whatever club seems to interest the majority, you will be able to find a place to have fun.

I love live bands, and so Roxy, Bebotero, and La Bodeguita del Medio fit my bill. Just depends on what you like..........Mandala and Punto V are newer, fancy discos on the Malecon.

To me, Senor Frog's is a place for the very young, and I don't think the 40 or 50 yo parents would like it. I am in my 40's, and have teenage kids, and have been travelling to PV since 1984.

Sally

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Cafe Roma is a good place... they make a decent pizza, and the booze prices are really good. It is also a great place to visit because it is right across from that main market in old town... you can do your shopping, and then go and see Fox and his wife Foxy, and mix with all the other American and Canadians that are there. There website is romamexico.com

(PS: this is not a paid advertisement or Spam.. It's a great place to go when we are there. :lol: :lol: )

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:54 pm

ronald wrote:Cafe Roma is a good place... they make a decent pizza, and the booze prices are really good.
Friends of ours who live at Kite in Nuevo often stop in for the beer and pizza. It is not a place for entertainment (except for karioki night). But it is not a mixed age place.

Maragritas are cheaper at The Cheeky Monkey but you cannot beat the price of beer with pizza at Roma. Also ask about their private label tequila. It is very good.

rajonsk
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Puerto Vallarta Nightlife and related

Post by rajonsk » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 am

An evening on the town in Puerto Vallarta begins with a great meal in one of the city's many fine restaurants. Musicians serenade as you sample the cuisine of world-class chefs or enjoy Mexican "home cooking." After your meal, relax with a drink on a romantic terrace by the sea or in the hills with a breathtaking view of city lights, boats on the bay and fireworks. Then it's time to move on to the real action of the evening. Music, dancing and live entertainment really get going after 11 pm. No need to dress up, just pick a restaurant-bar with your favorite kind of atmosphere. You will find sports bars, rowdy bars, refined and relaxed piano bars and everything in between. Several bars, discos and live music clubs offer rock 'n roll, Latin music, blues and jazz. At some of them, diehard dancers and late-starters are still kicking up their heels on the dance floor until five in the morning.