Yelapa Pies...mmmm

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CrisxCross
Yelapa Pies...mmmm

Post by CrisxCross » Sun May 30, 2004 5:16 pm

If anyone has or can get the recipe for any of those wonderful Yelapa pies we would really appreciate it. (especially the Chocolate, Coconut or Lemon) mmmmmm....I can taste 'em now.

Charlieb

Re:Yelapa Pies...mmmm

Post by Charlieb » Mon May 31, 2004 1:49 am

Ah, come'on, SOMEBODY must have a recipe. I have never had these pies, but they just sound outstanding...

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Yelapa Pies...mmmm

Post by connor » Mon May 31, 2004 2:23 am

Charlieb (May 30, 2004 09:49 p.m.):
Ah, come'on, SOMEBODY must have a recipe. I have never had these pies, but they just sound outstanding...
i will try to find the recipe. but charlie, take a look at the strawberry tequila ch. cake.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yelapa Pies

Post by webmaster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 am

Pays de Yelapa

Remember the first time I tried them... what a surprise, but there is a reason why they are so good.

At the Hotel Río there was a good restaurant that was taken care of by Nacho Vega, Manuelito Azurmendis and his wife Socorro (nicknamed Chacha), it was Socorro that made some very exquisite pies and it was she who gave her recipes to the housewives in Yelapa so they could make them and sell them on the beach and that way improve their incomes. All the way to the present day these famous Chacha pies (pays de Yelapa in Spanish) are well known and sold not only on the beaches of Yelapa but also different places in the Bay.
Author: Laura Quiroz, Cronista de la sociedad vallartense

Another version, not as reliable:
Pie Ladies of Yelapa
Patricia Landis - Eureka Reporter

Perched on the side of the Sierra Madre Mountains, Yelapa http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_do/yelapa.php is a coastal village in Mexico that boasts lush jungle, beachfront cottages, romantic sunsets and delectable pies delivered daily to the beach. “So how many pieces of pie have we consumed so far?” Michael asked me.

Chelly, one of the two pie ladies of Yelapa, is pictured bringing a sample to author Patricia Landis. (Michael Landis)

It was a good question, one that I had avoided thinking about after six solid days of pie research.

We are in our favorite place, the small tropical coastal village of Yelapa nestled in the Bay of Banderas, a 45-minute boat ride south from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

We return here for a variety of reasons. The pace is slow; the people friendly and easygoing.

Electricity is a recent addition. There are no cars, and all transportation is done by boat, mule or foot. Read the rest at: http://www.banderasnews.com/0710/nb-pieladies.htm[url]

More on Yelapa: http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_do/yelapa.php

CruzG
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Yelapa Pies...mmmm

Post by CruzG » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 am

Charlieeb wrote:
Mon May 31, 2004 1:49 am
Ah, come'on, SOMEBODY recipe. I have never had these pies, but they just sound outstanding...

That sure does look beautiful.
Last edited by CruzG on Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yelapa Pies...mmmm

Post by webmaster » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Not only looks, it's quite nice, though the photo is a bit on the yellow side :-)

Greetings

Mogens