DO NOT STAY AT COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ShellyGrace
DO NOT STAY AT COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA

Post by ShellyGrace » Fri May 27, 2005 8:16 pm

Hello all Travelers, I wanted to take the time to start posting some information on our recent stay at Costa Club Punta Arena. 3 Friends and I just got back on Tuesday night and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND you Stay at Costa Club. We had someone enter our room and steal my Digital Camera from the table and American Dollars from a purse that was on the bed. The staff and managers have not been helpful at all. I filled a report at the hotel and have called numerous times to try to get some help, but no is responding to me or trying to help in the least bit. Not only this, the food was never ready at the time posted (usually 30 -60 mins late) and it was terrible food. The city itself was great to see, but please dont stay at the COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA!!!!!

canadiandude
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:DO NOT STAY AT COSTA CLUB PUNTA ARENA

Post by canadiandude » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:40 pm

What happened to you can happen in any place. I do not know if the Costa Club has lockers but I am assuming they do. I have never been to PV but I have been to other places and know not to leave valuebles left in the open

billybob
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by billybob » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:04 pm

Isnt that what then safes are for? I worked at the Double Tree Inn in Monterey Calif. and thing went missing there too, incredible.

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:18 am

dale (Sep 15, 2005 02:40 p.m.):
What happened to you can happen in any place. I do not know if the Costa Club has lockers but I am assuming they do. I have never been to PV but I have been to other places and know not to leave valuebles left in the open
This is very true - it CAN and often times does happen. During all of our trips to PV I have only one time had anything taken from our room. It was a pair of earrings - inexpensive ones that I left on the vanity in the bathroom. We were only gone a few hours too! So my advice is LOCK EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM SAFE!!! Cram it full if you must but NEVER leave anything out in the open. We do leave all of our spare change/pesos each morning when we leave - the maid takes it but always makes up the room very nicely and usually there is an added touch - uniquely shaped swan-towels, hibiscus flowers on the bed...or maybe a turn-down with chocolates on the pillows when we return in the evenings!!!!

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:14 pm

I have never had anthing taken borrowed or stolen while in PV or other vacation spots.
Maybe they do not like my things.
I am quite a trusting person and I leave most things out in the open
except of course money valuable jewelry and important papers.
Be "Safe"
I bring goodies from home that are left with the tip for the girl that cleans the rooms.
Sweets and candles are given so the girls can go home and have a romantic night. (my daughter in laws Mom works at the Bay and she collects perfume samples for me so I can give those to the maids). pretty smelling bath soaps are left too.
I also bring postcards from home to show where we live. Postcards of Snow brings lots of giggles. (Smilie)

I have had things taken from me many times but NEVER the same thing twice. (Taken from School locker rooms and Gyms mainly here in Canada)
plus4
catnhat

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Loved the Costa Club!!!!!

Post by suebruce » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:15 pm

We stayed at the costa club last year and because I had never been to Mexico before... I went directly from my room to the front desk and put our papers and money in the safety deposit box.... Not sure why anyone would leave their stuff out anyway????

We go to Vegas and I always make sure nothing is left lying out... just common sense... at least I think so...

I didn't have anything but a wondeful time at the Costa Club... the manager even sent me a note once we got home to make sure we enjoyed our stay as she had helped prior to our arrival by answering some questions and making some arrangements for us. She was nothing but gracious... not sure why these others had problems ...

Food was average at the Costa Club... but staying there costs almost nothing... so not sure what more you can expect???????

Tried to book there this year and couldn't get in as they are sold out... I will sure be ticked if someone gripes about their stay when we would have happily stayed there. :)

don59
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by don59 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:25 pm

I agree with Suebruce you make it what you want we had awonderful time there last year and would not hesitate to stay there again

flashlili
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by flashlili » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:09 pm

I stayed at the Punta Arena february 2005 and had no problems at all. In fact, I was reall happy with that hotel. Could lave almost anything in the room, and never has anyone taken anything. Of course, did not leave valuables laying around either, got a safety box for that !! Going back this year from dec 29 until jan 13th and can barely wait :)

PS food is not awsum but you get used to it lol :wink:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:29 pm

Just curious, where is Punta Arena? I can't find it on the map.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Punta Arena

Post by Jennybean » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:36 pm

Hotel zone, between (I think, IIRC) the Canto del Sol and the river.

Don't quote me on CDS, but it's definitely beside the river in the hotel zone.

flashlili
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by flashlili » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:36 pm

It"s a hotel in Puerto Vallarta Mexico :D

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Ok, thought it was a geographical area around P.V.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:24 pm

The hotel is in the "Hotel Zone" and the name means "Sand Point".
Too bad this happened but that's possible anywhere. Lucky for us, we have left spare change, pesos, cameras and jewlery on the dresser at the GCP and in the 12 times there never noticed anything missing.