Palladium gay friendly?

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

thegilmourboys
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Palladium gay friendly?

Post by thegilmourboys » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:37 am

hey,
gay couple in our 20's heading to PV. looking at the Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa any fellow gay couples stay there? how did you make out, we're not into the club scene just relaxing. thank you in advance.

j and p

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:31 am

I Googled the resort for you. It appears to be a regular, Hetro place. No mention either way. If you don't hear from any gays, give it a shot. Looks pretty cool. Chuck... 8)

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Palladium gay friendly?

Post by delectdee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 am

thegilmourboys wrote:hey,
gay couple in our 20's heading to PV. looking at the Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa any fellow gay couples stay there? how did you make out, we're not into the club scene just relaxing. thank you in advance.

j and p
most of the gay friendly or gay owned hotels, bars, businesses, etc. are in the 'romantic zone' or old vallarta. this is where you'd be among more out people.

my partner and i are not into the bar scene either but there are two places we usually go when in PV. "the palm" which offers shows (drag, comedy, music, etc.) and 'apaches' a marini bar which is opened on the sidewalk.

you may wnat to check out more gay websites as they may have info on the palladioum. it is in neuvo vallarta so it's quite straight. but, it may be gay friendly.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:19 pm

I think most of the resorts in Vallarta are gay friendly, it might be some of the guests that arent. We have been to the GCP where gay couples have come and stayed at the resort. Not much is said either direction as far as i know. We had one couple from Mpls that were just a hoot. Two successful real estate salesmen.

being that said, have a great time in Vallarta. It is a wonderful city and a fun place to hang out and party... Check out club paco paco as it is a fun place too... even for straight people out and about...

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:26 pm

tojol57 wrote:I think most of the resorts in Vallarta are gay friendly, it might be some of the guests that arent. We have been to the GCP where gay couples have come and stayed at the resort. Not much is said either direction as far as i know. We had one couple from Mpls that were just a hoot. Two successful real estate salesmen.

being that said, have a great time in Vallarta. It is a wonderful city and a fun place to hang out and party... Check out club paco paco as it is a fun place too... even for straight people out and about...

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown
very true

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:43 pm

Palladium is way north of Nuevo Vallarta (mid way between la cruz and Punta de Mita).

I have not heard anything about the Palladium one way or the other with regard to "gay friendly" or not.

One consideration is that it is so far from Vallarta and the gay scene (over an hour's drive).

The only gay establishment i know of in the north bay is Casa Las Brisas (gay owned B&B) in Punta Negra (other side of Punta de Mita).

Very expensive, chef on site - takes overflow customers from the Four Seasons Resort.

So if you want easy access to gay places then Palladium is a poor choice. If you just want an all inclusive vacation where noone will bother you it would most likely be ok.

You can explore the "groups" section on yahoo to find a gay vallarta travel board which may give you more answers.

Finally. I am planning of building a gay all inclusive resort near Litibu (between sayulita and punta de mita). If you feel like giving some advice - there is a short survey posted at
http://www.gayresorts.com

good luck

Jeff vitale

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Resorts

Post by Jennybean » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:27 pm

There are hotels/resorts in and around Vallarta that are less than welcoming to the gay/lesbian crowd (I won't bother mentioning specific names but I know of at least two who have been very unhospitable), but the Palladium hasn't been mentioned as one that isn't welcoming.

That being said, as noted, it is way north of Vallarta. You would be looking at long bus or taxi trips into town for the best dining, etc. so that is something to be considered.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:59 pm

There is a real estate website that is noted in the Vallarta Lifestyles magezine. And it shows a lot of the gay/lesbian friendly hotels, as well as condos that are available for rent. Most of these properties are owned by other gay/lesbian couples etc. Right now i can't find that website. Try googling Vallarta Lifestyles and maybe you will find what i am talking about. also there is an adult website for gay/lesbian personals as well as other "alternative lifestyles" that people like to use and experiment with. YIKES... :roll: :shock:

8) Tom aka mr Crown...

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:16 pm

delectdee wrote:
tojol57 wrote:I think most of the resorts in Vallarta are gay friendly, it might be some of the guests that arent. We have been to the GCP where gay couples have come and stayed at the resort. Not much is said either direction as far as i know. We had one couple from Mpls that were just a hoot. Two successful real estate salesmen.

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown
very true
Bringing along our gay friends from Atlanta with us in June. They are really looking forward to the GCP after all we have told them.

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:37 pm

chuck:

your friends might want to check out mananas which is located down the street from pacos ranch (away from the beach) about 2 blocks.

unbelievably beautiful - converted antique hacienda

margarita man 2

Re: Palladium gay friendly?

Post by margarita man 2 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:35 pm

thegilmourboys wrote:hey,

j and p
We stayed at the Palladium from Mar. 18 to the 25th. It is a great resort for relaxing. We met 1 gay couple at the resort (Tony and John ). They said they were having an awesome time. Most of the people at the resort when we were there seemed to be families from Canada. So obviously it is more of a family resort , but judging from Tony and John the resort was just fine. Hopefully this helps.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:18 pm

lyrihn wrote:chuck:

your friends might want to check out mananas which is located down the street from pacos ranch (away from the beach) about 2 blocks.

unbelievably beautiful - converted antique hacienda
We may give that a try. Thanks.

FunCouple
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by FunCouple » Wed May 31, 2006 4:53 am

We stayed at Palladium in January...my wife is bi...we didn't see any gays or lesbians for the week we were there. Everything was VERY straight. A fun place, great grounds, etc...but no nightlife. The beach was tame, the adult pool was tame...don't expect a party place. Lots of families, so I can't see it being gay/lesbian friendly. My wife got dirty looks in a Brizilian bikini.

alberta2some
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Palladium

Post by alberta2some » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:50 am

Hi everyone, we were there last year and very relaxed,Open crowds.Seen and saw a bit of everything. Doesn't bother us one bit so go and enjoy. We are there again ,Dec 15-23/06.Watch for us.