Recommend jewelry store to set opal?

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan
Recommend jewelry store to set opal?

Post by jrwhiskey » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:20 pm

I all. We're going to PV for our 25th anniversary and was wondering if anyone could recommend a jewelry store (in PV) that could set a black opal that my husband bought awhile back but has never gotten set. Thought it would make a nice anniversary present for him :D

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:54 pm

I guess you might try Pacific Jewlers at the malecon. Very nice store, we bought lots of gold our first trip to PV. At home we had them appraised and found out we did very well, price wise.

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jrwhiskey » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:40 am

Thanks Chuck... we haven't decided completely to take the opal with us or not. I'll add Pacific Jewlers to our list of "visits".

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:06 am

there is a place called "eddy's" behind the san marino hotel. he makes his own jewellry and seems to have decent pricing. you may want to check him out.

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jrwhiskey » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10 pm

delectdee wrote:there is a place called "eddy's" behind the san marino hotel. he makes his own jewellry and seems to have decent pricing. you may want to check him out.
Great - another place to add to the list! Thanks :D

Mikey and Gabby
PV Fan
PV Fan

Eddies

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:05 am

If he is the jeweller that is just a hundred yards up from the pier I second his good work. Gabby had a ring made for her, 14k gold with a large stone of some sort for just over a 100 bucks. Really nice job. On my next trip down in a few weeks I am bring all of our old gold chains and such and will have him make something nice out of them.

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Eddies

Post by jrwhiskey » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:22 am

Mikey and Gabby wrote:If he is the jeweller that is just a hundred yards up from the pier I second his good work. Gabby had a ring made for her, 14k gold with a large stone of some sort for just over a 100 bucks. Really nice job. On my next trip down in a few weeks I am bring all of our old gold chains and such and will have him make something nice out of them.
Which pier - downtown or the marina?

Mikey and Gabby
PV Fan
PV Fan

Eddies

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:42 am

Sorry..Los Muertos south side

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:22 am

that's the eddy i'm talking of. :D

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jrwhiskey » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:12 pm

Mikey and Gabby wrote:Sorry..Los Muertos south side
Thanks! I'll look that up in the travel book.

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by jrwhiskey » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Mikey and Gabby wrote:If he is the jeweller that is just a hundred yards up from the pier I second his good work. Gabby had a ring made for her, 14k gold with a large stone of some sort for just over a 100 bucks. Really nice job. On my next trip down in a few weeks I am bring all of our old gold chains and such and will have him make something nice out of them.
OK, I checked a map... is this the Los Muertos beach pier down in what they call the "Romantica Zone"? And someone said it's behind the San Marino, which is at the end of street/avenue named "Rodolfo Gomez"?
I have a crappy sense of direction! :P

Vancouver
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Jewelry Store

Post by Vancouver » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:43 pm

You could also stop in and check out Alberto's. He's located at Juarez #185, about 1 street over from the flea market.

He does a lot of his own designs and some of them are really gorgeous! As a matter of fact I spotted an opal pendant I wanted in there!

Cheers

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:04 pm

jrwhiskey wrote:
OK, I checked a map... is this the Los Muertos beach pier down in what they call the "Romantica Zone"? And someone said it's behind the San Marino, which is at the end of street/avenue named "Rodolfo Gomez"?
I have a crappy sense of direction! :P
Los Muertos Pier is the only pier on Playa Los Meurtos. Every cab driver knows exactly where it is...so even if you're geopraphically "challenged"...it's a no brainer... Tell a cab driver Olas Altos, or Los Muertos Pier, and you're on/in the best area of the city (imho).

jrwhiskey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Jewelry Store

Post by jrwhiskey » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:45 am

Vancouver wrote:You could also stop in and check out Alberto's. He's located at Juarez #185, about 1 street over from the flea market.

He does a lot of his own designs and some of them are really gorgeous! As a matter of fact I spotted an opal pendant I wanted in there!

Cheers
Thanks!! I've added that to my list too.
All in all, it sounds like we've got a few choices to browse.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Diamante Azul

Post by bzy1inpv » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:08 pm

The only one I would suggest is Diamante Azul on V. Carranza, near Jacarrandas. He is the jeweler that Viva uses for their repairs, etc. I have used him twice and he is excellent. He changed four prongs on my diamond ring for 120 pesos total. The quote for the same work in the States was $25 US per prong.

He also does custome desgin work, he has many unset stones as well if you want to make matching earrings or other items and he can pretty much make anything you want, especially if you have a photo or a design.

I do not think Pacific Jewelry or Diamonds International does any major repair work or design.