Queens Zone - Where the Diva's go to have fun ????

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
Queens Zone - Where the Diva's go to have fun ????

Post by lyrihn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Hi all.

There is a new bar/club opening on the lateral of hwy 200 between Bucerias and Mezcales near the gas (propane) fill station.

Looks like a gay club. Giant billboards in english -- photos of shirtless men, gay flag etc.

stopped by, door was open with just construction workers. they say it opens on March 15th or so. Very nice interior -- kind of reminds one of a jazz club layout.

Anyone got any additional info on this place? Perhaps drag shows? Gentleman's club for gay guys? who knows... :-|3

jeff

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:26 pm

is that the one where one construction worker climbs into a cement mixer and comes out on the other end dancing the gay

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re: Queens Zone - Where the Diva's go to have fun ????

Post by condor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 am

lyrihn wrote: stopped by, door was open with just construction workers. they say it opens on March 15th or so. Very nice interior -- kind of reminds one of a jazz club layout.
jeff
Hmm :-|3 Village People Wanabe's :?:
:wink: :lol: :lol:

Condor :8-))

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by lyrihn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 pm

hmmmm. you are all so easily amused.

The bar is new and is still under construction. The "construction workers" were working on the interior of the building - nothing more.

But thank you both for promoting stereotypes that are more likely to be destructive than entertaining.

Jeff

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:04 pm

Quote:

There is a new bar/club opening on the lateral of hwy 200 between Bucerias and Mezcales near the gas (propane) fill station.

Looks like a gay club. Giant billboards in english -- photos of shirtless men, gay flag etc.

stopped by, door was open with just construction workers. they say it opens on March 15th or so. Very nice interior -- kind of reminds one of a jazz club layout.

Anyone got any additional info on this place?

Anyone know what the new bar club is :?:

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:55 am

"Looks like a gay club. Giant billboards in english -- photos of shirtless men, gay flag etc. " Come on, Jeff, take a deep breath and pull those claws back in. Condor is being no more stereotypical that you are. Chuck... 8)

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:48 pm

charlieb wrote:"Looks like a gay club. Giant billboards in english -- photos of shirtless men, gay flag etc. " Come on, Jeff, take a deep breath and pull those claws back in. Condor is being no more stereotypical that you are. Chuck... 8)
charlieb just my little humble opinion but... :) I think lyrihn had a right to bring out his claws a little....
lyrihn wrote and described what he saw on the billboard...condor and chico (I like both posters btw) took a serious question from someone in the gay community and turned it into a joke with lots of smilie laughs...and snickers...

I think so very many in the Gay Community (which includes one of my 3 son's) have been the subject of many jokes and ridicule and I can see why so many stay or have stayed so long in the closet... or why they may be a bit sensitive to jokes...

I love jokes and fun but not ethnic or any Gay jokes where someone may be hurt ..
A question was asked in a section on this board set up for different life styles ...
The question was not answered and with responses like the ones above I see why more questions are not posted in this section.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:44 pm

Granted, Jeff reported what he saw...then he drew stereotypical conclusions from what he saw, just like Condor drew stereotypical conclusions from "Village People...". Why is it ok for Jeff to be stereotypical and then be upset when someone else is? Chuck... 8)

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by lyrihn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:34 pm

This thread really doesnt need to go crazy. Let me just point out a couple things in the way of clarification.

Instead of serious replies, my post generated a charged remark and a little joke. So I decided to post an objection.

I was not offened at all by the "village people" remark. It was just a little joke. But the "dance the gay" remark did strike a nerve. In retrospect I suspect the comment was just meant to be funny -- but at best it was insensitive.

Im not even sure what "dancing the gay" means, but the post basically conjures a scene where a construction guy gets tossed into a cement mixer emerges without his manhood as someone to be made fun of.

As such it presents a stereotype being used in a disparaging way to make fun of gay people. This i find more distructive than entertaining. -- which is what I said.

I think my response was somewhat measured rather than hostile. (i.e. no claws).

A bar anouncement that has male nudity, rainbow flag ("gay flag"), and taglines like "Queenzone... Where Divas have fun" is presenting symbols and language that are typically gay. I dont think that my recognizing this fact makes me guilty of stereotyping the gay community. Assuming that all gay people can be equated with such language and symbols would be stereotyping. There is a difference.

Had i equated the gay community with these symbols and language and then used them in a disparaging way -- then it would be reasonable to accuse me of being hypocritcal (as was suggested by chuck).

Perhaps my conclusion that the bar is gay will end up being incorrect. It could be a straight bar with dancing men for women and the use of the gay flag coincidental. Time will tell.

So...

In closing, I'm not angry at anyone. So let's just let it drop and move on.

However, i still want to know if this place is going to be a gay club or not. If anyone hears anything please let me know.

Jeff

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:42 pm

is that the one where one construction worker climbs into a cement mixer and comes out on the other end dancing the gay
the vegas cement mixer dance commercial

http://www.independ.net/medias/VEGAS_-_CEMENT.mov

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:36 pm

The guy in the commercial is ready to be the next Joe Boxer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6NDXYrz ... ed&search=