Staying in Nuevo Vallarta...should I rent a car.

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Cheryl
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Staying in Nuevo Vallarta...should I rent a car.

Post by Cheryl » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:34 am

Up in the air about this one. Will be relaxing a lot with probably a few excursions, but this trip is for destress, not craziness...we will do that with our daughter at the end of the year in Orlando.

Appreciate your views. Resort told me I'm better off renting a car, but it seems to be extremely expensive.

Thanks...I'm leaving on Saturday, this SATURDAY!!! 10/13!!!

Tequila here I come! :?:

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 am

Cheryl,
It is approximately $20-25 each way to take a taxi into Puerto Vallarta, so you can base your decision on how many trips you think you will make into PV vs. how much the rental car will cost you. You are coming down at the very end of the slow season so traffic will not be as crazy as it will in a month or so. If you are not planning on doing the full on driving all over sightseeing this trip you might just want to pay the taxi. You can also take a bus from Nuevo, it is alot cheaper but it takes longer while they make the stops. Go to La Laguna in Nuevo for dinner one night it is excellent!

djptexas
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by djptexas » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 pm

We are coming to PV in a couple of weeks for 8 days. Staying in Riu Jalisco. We have decided to rent a car for two days to do all the sightseeing stuff. The rest of the time we will be decompressing and waling the beaches.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:54 pm

I've often thought about renting a car, as we stay in N.V. also, but then I see the way people drive there and say "fuggetaboutit" :lol:

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:15 pm

There are a lot of things I don't do while on vacation in Mexico and driving is one of them. I do enough while back in the states. When in Mexico I prefer to use the busses, colectivos and taxis.

Valerie617
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Valerie617 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:30 am

Just got home tonight - we stayed in Nuevo Vallarta and rented a car. It was great - we used it go to so many differet places. We went dowtown a few times - to the Malecon, the flea market, Daquiri Dick's for dinner - also Cafe de Ollas.

We went to Mismaloya, Chino's Paradise, Chico's Paradise. Stopped by the Predator location and Eden Canopy Tour. Spent a day in Sayulita- ate at Don Pedro's and rented two chairs and an umbrella for $10 for the day.

Had lunch in Bucerias one day and shopped at their flea market.

Used the car to park at the terminal when we went to Los Animas, Los Arcos and the Quimixto waterfall.

We really liked being able to stay at each place as log as we liked.