which resort?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
which resort?

Post by loveak » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:42 pm

We are going to PV in Feb. want to stay in Nuevo Vallarta and All inclusive, have no idea which resort to stay at??? Help??? We don't need an all fancy spendy room, as who stays in it anyways. Want some scheduled shows or parties and several resturants to choose from. Thanks

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:45 pm

I just booked the Marival for mid Jan. Got a pretty good deal through Funjet from STL. We booked the least expensive room because we don't spend much time there. Also I heard from a poster on Tripadvisor that the cheaper rooms are very big.

loveak
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Funjet?

Post by loveak » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Where is Funjet out of? I'm looking for a package deal, a good price on one, so if you can direct me to a good deal I would love it. Thanks

KVR
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by KVR » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:42 pm

We just booked PV for December on Continental Airlines Vacations. www.continental.com They are currently extending a $200 off credit on packages. Don't know if it will be valid for February, but it wouldn't hurt to look. The RIU Jalisco was priced very decent. We chose the Playa Los Arcos.

Other package companies are www.FunJet.com, www.AppleVacations.com, www.cheapcaribbean.com, www.beachdestinations.com. Then of course Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz.

All major airlines also offer there own vacation packages. Check their web-sites also.

I have spent the last month almost everyday looking for deals on all those sites until I found the discount on Continental and then booked before it disappeared.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:06 pm

Funjet had departures from most anywhere in the country. We are lucky to be in St. Louis, one of their most busy hubs for trips to PV and Cancun.
We can usually find good deals easily and I am always ready to take advantage of them.