Bringing Alcohol Back in Checked Luggage

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

edandkaren
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Bringing Alcohol Back in Checked Luggage

Post by edandkaren » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Okay...I'm leaving on Thursday to PV. I have searched the internet over and can't find the answer I need.

Can we buy alcohol and pack it in our checked luggage. We are flying from PV to Portland Oregon and then flying to WA state. I've read the stuff about buying it past security, then packing in your suitcase after customs, but I just want to pack it in the suitcase and hope for the best. Anybody have experience with this. How well is the airport in PV checking luggage at check in? Thanks.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:02 pm

You can pack it in your checked luggage with no problems except possible breakage and theft. My daughter and her family just got back from Cancun. They purchased 4 bottles. One broke, one disappeared. So they only ended up with 2. That made it not such a great bargain. If I was going to pack it in my luggage, I'd buy a roll of bubble wrap and roll it up in that. And maybe some really dirty clothes too.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Another thing that works great besides bubble wrap is those kids blow up swim wings.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:14 pm

also watch your weight restrictions too. if you were close on weight coming down, you may be over weight going back... just a friendly reminder from a former boot legger HA HA HA ... the duty is 10% of the cost of the booze greater than two litres per person... another friendly little hint (just have your receipt handy and you will be fine too)... one year i brought in almost 15 litres for alcohol... brought a lot of it back for the Supper Club i used to bartend at... YIKES... TMI ha ha ha