Villa del Mar

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jehas
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Villa del Mar

Post by jehas » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:05 am

I'm staying at Villa del Mar and would like some information. Is it located near the los Palmas and Pelicanos hotels and the Gigante supermarket? If not, can you tell me what hotels it's near?

We're in a 2 BR timeshare. Any chance for a water view?

thanks,

Jim

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:40 am

Villa del Mar is across the street and up about 2 blocks from Gigante. The nearest hotel is "Hola" on the south and Holiday Inn on the north.
Sorry, I can't answer the last question.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:47 am

Villa del Mar is in a great location in the hotel zone. Close to the Peninsula Plaza where there are some restaurants and a Starbucks. There is also a fabulous wine store (chilled cellar conditions) right outside your complex. There are great views from most units but you need to negotiate a little.

Gigante no longer exists. But when you get to Plaza Caracol, you will find a Soriana that is not much different than Gigante.

For a great hotel, try the Fiesta Americana, and have dinner on their elevated palapa in the middle of one of their pools. We had a burger there today at the Sunset Bar on the beach and it was bad and cost 110p. But the other place is served better by their main kitchen.

jehas
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jehas » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks for the quick and informative responses.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

There is no chance of a water view from the Villa Del Mar. It is set back off the beach. The only view you will have is of the pool. You will have full use of all the services from its sister resort Villa del Palmar.