One of Mexico's most popular marine reserves, Los Arcos is a cluster of granite islands that perch out of the water in the southern part of Banderas Bay. With depths ranging from 30-1600 feet, the waters surrounding Los Arcos are the deepest in the entire bay.
With Vallarta Adventures, you can discover the thrill of diving in the Devil's Canyon and El Bajo, the fascinating underwater mountain range, while witnessing the abundant lobster, octopus, rays, eels, morays and a lot of other marine life.
- Tanks: 2
- Boat: Dive Panga
- Water Temp: 65-89°F/18-31°C
- Average Visibility: 20-50 ft/6-15 mt
- Depth: 30-80 ft/9-39.6 mt
- A PADI certified divemaster
- 2 scuba tank
What to Wear & Bring
- Conservation fee for Los Arcos National Park ($40 pesos per person)
Approximately 5 hours
7:30 am 8:00 am
Nuevo Vallarta at Vallarta Adventures’ Center and Puerto Vallarta at Maritime Terminal. Detailed directions will be provided with your confirmation.
Please read and take into consideration the following guidelines when planning to book a Scuba diving tour with Vallarta Adventures:
- Divers must hold a valid certification card to participate in our diving programs or Non-certified divers need to complete a Vallarta Adventures Discover Scuba pool lesson before their first dive. Beginner dive classes and PADI certification courses available.
- Certified divers must bring certification card/log-book.
- Certified divers who have not dived in the past year will be required to take a scuba refresher course with Vallarta Adventures before going to the ocean.
- To participate in the El Morro, Corbeteña, Los Anegados, El Sequial dives, you must have a valid Open Water Certification card and a previous dive with Vallarta Adventures in the last seven days or you must have 25 logged dives shown in your log-book which you must bring.
- Non-certified divers will only be allowed one tank dives available at these dive sites: Las Marietas, Las Caletas, and Los Arcos
- Certified divers are automatically entitled to participate in 2 tank dives down to a maximum depth of 60 ft.
- Advanced divers can participate in 2 tank dives down to a maximum depth of 120 ft.
- Supervision is normally 1 Divemaster to 3 diver pairs using the buddy system. If there is an uneven number of guests, a seventh person will be paired with the dive master.
- Diving within 18 hours of your flight home is not recommended.
- An Acknowledgement of Risk will need to be signed before participating in any of our dive programs.
- All divers must be in good health and:
- Not have present any respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems.
- Be in good mental and physical condition for diving.
- Avoid being under the influence of alcohol or drugs before or while diving.