If you’re visiting the west coast of Mexico for the first time, you may be asking yourself: What time is it in Puerto Vallarta right now? What time zone is the city located in?
The current local time in PV is:
Is Puerto Vallarta on Central Time?
Yes, the city is in the Central Time Zone, that includes the state of Jalisco, Chicago, and Dallas.
- Puerto Vallarta is in the “America / Mexico_City” GMT / UTC -6.0″ time zone. When it’s summer we are in the “GMT / UTC -5.0” time zone and during winter time we change to the “GMT / UTC -6.0” time zone. Exact dates here.
- Puerto Vallarta is, therefore, in the CST zone and includes the entire state of Jalisco, along with Guadalajara and cities of the United States of America such as Chicago and Dallas (during the summertime period it passes to CDT).
- The municipality of Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit, switched to the Central Time Zone on April 2010, to help tourists and avoid complications.
- Nuevo Vallarta is therefore on the same time zone as Puerto Vallarta
- Bahia de Banderas Municipality includes these other tourist destinations and towns in the same time zone:
- The rest of Nayarit remains on Mountain Standard Time.
Is Puerto Vallarta on Daylight Savings Time?
Find out more on Daylight Saving Time and the dates when it changes ahead and back here.
Sunrise and sunset time in Puerto Vallarta – click here