Need referal for private driver.

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

lvmykids
PV Fan
PV Fan

Need referal for private driver.

Post by lvmykids » Sun May 27, 2007 8:23 pm

We are arriving Friday June 1st, staying at Dreams. Does anyone have a referal for a private driver they have used. I would prefer a referal. We want to hire a private driver for the day (6 to 8 hours) for sightseeing. We are a family of 4 (two teenagers) so we would need a larger vehicle. I'm getting desperate we leave in 5 days! I have emailed a couple of people but they haven't gotten back to me. Thanks, Jan

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:56 am

When we were down last July we used Travel & Tour and Oscar was our guide. I think he's an owner too. We couldn't have been more pleased with the service. He was very accomodating and we thought very reasonably priced as well. There were 6 of us, all adults and we had a 10 passenger, air conditioned, very clean van. They have a web site which is:
-www.travelandtourmexico.com

I don't think you'll go wrong with them.

lvmykids
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lvmykids » Mon May 28, 2007 2:14 am

Thanks Sandy! I emailed them, hopefully I will get a quick reply. I have emailed a couple of other people, but they have not gotten back to me. We leave in 4 days and would like to get something set up before we go. Thanks again for the quick reply, Jan

lvmykids
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lvmykids » Mon May 28, 2007 2:18 am

Sorry Sandy, I forgot I had a couple of questions for you. Do you remember how much they charged you? We are a family of 4, so it would be just for us. Also, where did you go? Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking going towards Bucerias, Punta de Mita, Sayulita and San Pancho. We would really like to see some of the smaller villages and spend some time on the beaches. Thanks, Jan

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon May 28, 2007 3:47 am

Jan,

I just sent you a pm.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Driver

Post by Jennybean » Mon May 28, 2007 3:20 pm

Jan - I responded to your same query over at Trip Advisor with a personal recommendation. :)

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:39 pm

No, I don't remember the exact amount charged but I think our part was about $40 for 5 hours. There were 3 couples. We went up around Nuevo Vallarta, then downtown, then south as far as a tequila tasting place and then back to our resort. We were gone about 5 or 6 hours I think. He told us he'd take us any place we wanted. We just really didn't know where to go as it was our first trip to PV. But we did all enjoy it. I hope you find someone b/c I think it's a great way to see the sights. The reason we went with a private driver was from recommendations from this forum and we're very glad we did. We just didn't get any individual recommendations and someone from the resort recommended Oscar and he was great. But I'm sure there's lots of good guides out there and I'd be interested in getting there names too if anybody wants to share. I'd like to take another tour when we go back in Feb. if we don't get brave and just jump on a bus and go by ourselves. The only bad thing about that is you don't get any history told along the way, which we really enjoy.
Hope you have a wonderful time!