Zip line tour

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lanier
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Zip line tour

Post by lanier » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Which is the best zip line experience? is there any that we can hire a private driver to take us to the zip line?

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Los Veranos

Post by Arizona Karen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:12 pm

We've done the Los Veranos canopy tour twice and loved it both times. You could always hire a driver but the price includes being picked up by a bus at several locations including Nuevo Vallarta as well as within Puerto Vallarta. Both times we did Los Veranos the homebound bus dropped everyone off at their respective resorts; tip expected for this added service.

The tour guides of Los Veranos are very engaging and make sure you have the best experience possible. If you buddy up to the camera guide, he might offer a tandem ride which means you go backwards and hands free! It's exciting.

Los Veranos includes additional time after the canopy tour for eating at their restaurant. I don't believe they have the famously clean Puerto Vallarta water which means the dishes are washed with questionable water. Three in our party got sick after eating there. I'd recommend taking a snack or pack lunch and locking it up in the free lockers for after the tour.

If you do hire a private driver, I'd recommend you stay longer and enjoy the Chico's Paradise area as it's beautiful to walk along the creek bed. The area has spectacular boulders, walkways, bridges and lots of greenery. There are a few zip line opportunities through here too but not worth it in my opinion compared to what Los Veranos offers. There are a couple restaurants in the Chico's Paradise area also.

If you reserve through this site, make sure to advise which location you need the bus to pick you up from as otherwise they'll assign you to the central city location.

Overall, Los Veranos has the most recommendations from this forum.

Have a great time.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Puerto Vallarta zip line tour

Post by pvgemini » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 pm

I second the advice to use Los Veranos. We had a great time, felt very safe. The guides are funny!! If you have kids, they will love the little "zoo" with small animals at the end. Also if you have kids, part of the enjoyment is the ride out there on a bus. There may be more than one bus. Ours was fun as it was open air; felt like you were on a safari......

Definitely make a reservation, and do it online, there is a discount. You don't have to pay until you get there.

http://www.puertovallarta.net/fast_fact ... -tours.php

Sally

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:11 am

Did that tour last year and loved it as well. Went on the first tour of the day and it was great. Only about 12 of us I think. They say there are up to 60 people on the tours later in the day. I can't imagine. As 2 older (36 and 49) broads we obviously didn't get the attention or screen time that the 6 or so younger women did but the guides were fun and respectful.

Want to try something more adventurous this year. Anyone tried the one that also has rappeling?