Puerto Vallarta, the jewel in the crown of the Mexican Pacific, is one of the most acclaimed in Mexico and regularly receives awards and accolades from travel media and visitors too.
Consumers have awarded Puerto Vallarta numerous prizes, for example:
- TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards 2014, 2nd place as "Best Overall Destination in Mexico" [source].
- US News & World Report Jan 2014 chosen as "#2 Best Place to Visit in Mexico" [source].
- US News & World Report Jan 2014 chosen as "#3 Best Beaches in Mexico" [source].
- US News & World Report Jan 2014 chosen as "#4 Best Springbreak Destination" [source].
- Travel Weekly Magellan Awards, 6 in total for "Vallarta-Nayarit" campaign [source].
- Travel + Leisure, World's Best Awards 2014, PV appears now as "#4 Top City in Mexico, Central & South America", an improvement compared to 2013 [source].
- Travel + Leisure, World's Best Awards 2013, PV appears as "#5 Top City in Mexico, Central & South America" [source].
- Flight Network, PV appears as #14 in the list of "Top 14 Winter Destinations for Canadians" [source].
- Gaycities.com, "#2 Best Sun & Sand City" [source].
- USA Today Oct 2013, PV ranked # 6 in their list of "Best places to watch a sunset" [source].
- About.com Readers' Choice Award 2013 as "Favorite Spring Break Destination".
- TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards 2013, 4th place as "Best Overall Destination in Mexico".
- About.com Readers' Choice Award 2012 as "Favorite Mexican Beach".
TripAdvisor’s Traveler's Choice Award 2012:
- Puerto Vallarta as the "Number One Overall Destination in Mexico".
- One of the "World's Leading Beach Destinations".
- Nuevo Vallarta (4th) and Puerto Vallarta (9th) in the category "Best Beaches in Mexico".
- Travel + Leisure 2012 Award, Puerto Vallarta landed in 7th place (8th place in 2011) of the "Top Ten Cities in Mexico, Central and South America" category.
- About.com Readers' Choice Award 2012 as "Most Romantic Mexican Destination".
- Puerto Vallarta has been named "Best Convention Destination" by the Magazine MDC after hosting the Mexico Tourism Tianguis 2012.
- "Luxury Beach Retirement on a Budget" 2012 by International Living.
- "Best Retirement Destination in Mexico" by USNews.com.
- "Best Place to Retire in the World" 2010 AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).
- "Best Holiday Destination in Mexico" 2010 USNews.com.
- "World's Friendliest City" 2001, by readers of Condé Nast.
Videos from visitors in Vallarta: