Supermarket food prices
In general food costs are reasonable, the locals feel they are a bit too high based on the local income, but when compared to the normal prices in more developed countries, local food prices are quite acccessible, especially when you go out to eat. In Europe it's a luxury to go to a restaurant, here it's a treat almost any family can afford and it may even be cheaper at a taco stand than making the food at home.
Food prices, general products
- Rice (1 kg): 20 pesos ($0.45 USD/lb.)
- Sugar (1 kg): 18.00 pesos ($ 0.43 USD/lb.)
- Beans (1 kg): 30.00 pesos ($ 0.72 USD/lb.)
- Corn Flour Tortilla (1 kg): $ 12.90 pesos ($ 0.31 USD/lb.)
- Eggs 18 units $ 35.00 pesos ($ 1.85 USD)
- Whole Milk (1 lt) $ 18.00 pesos ($ 0.95 USD/liter)
- White sliced bread (680 g) $ 30.00 pesos ($ 1.05 USD/lb)
- Mayonnaise (390 g) $30.00 pesos ($ 1.80 USD/lb)
- Bananas 1 kg (2.2lb) $13.90 pesos ($0.33 dollar/lb)
- Tomatoes 1 kg (2.2lb) $29.00 pesos ($0.70 dollars/lb)
- Steak (1 kg) $ 128.00 pesos ($ 3.10 USD/lb)
- Pork chops (1 kg) $ 76.00 pesos ($ 1.80 USD/lb)
- Chicken whole (1 kg) $ 34.00 pesos ($ 0.81 USD/lb)
These prices are given purely as a reference.
Please take into account that these prices change and you may find prices that are higher or lower once you arrive in Puerto Vallarta.
Visit the Puerto Vallarta supermarket section
Visit some of the local supermarket websites for more prices:
Prices reviewed December, 2017