Some of the most important colonias are:
- Residencial Conchas Chinas: Hillside SE from Los Muertos beach.
- Colonia Alta Vista
- Colonia Emiliano Zapata: South of the Cuale River (Zona Romántica or "Old Town")
- Colonia Caloso and Canoas: East of Colonia Emiliano Zapata and up the Cuale River.
- Colonia Centro: The oldest section of Puerto Vallarta and its current center of town too - North of the Cuale river up until Parque Hidalgo.
- Colonia 5 de Diciembre: Just north of downtown Vallarta (Centro), and with Colonia Emiliano Zapata was of the first neighborhoods beyond Colonia Centro to be developed.
- Colonia Lázaro Cardenas: Includes a large sports complex and the city's largest fish market, from Parque Hidalgo to the Libramiento (City Bypass).
- Colonia Versalles: The Old Zona Rosa, prior to the development of the Northern Hotel Zone.
- Colonia Bugambillas and Ramblases: Located on the NW slopes of the hills, East of the city.
- Colonia Pitillal: Once a small town and now a populous neighborhood, a separate "delegación" but now part of the city of Puerto Vallarta proper.
Colonia is normally abbreviated: "Col."
- More about Puerto Vallarta
- What to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Top 10 Free Things to do in Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Live Webcam
<< Return to the Miscellaneous Puerto Vallarta Info section.