Scooters?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Danny
Scooters?

Post by Danny » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:37 pm

Just 8 days till I'm on the plane! Anyway, I was wondering if there is a good place to rent a scooter for a day or two while we are there? How much are they? I'll be in Nuevo Vallarta. I think that sounds like a fun alternative to taking the bus everywhere for the entire week.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Scooters?

Post by pvdeb » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:17 pm

I have never seen any scooter rentals, though there may be some. That aside, IMHO, you would be putting your life in your hands if you tried to ride a scooter around PV. The taxis and buses whiz in and out at breakneck speeds (that's part of the fun riding in them) and many of the streets are cobblestone. There may be some lesser crowded areas around Nuevo, but again, you're at the mercy of the local drivers and they are something.

PandMRW

Post by PandMRW » Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:05 pm

I would suggest that you consider renting bikes if you are in Nuevo.Maybe your Hotel offers them. Early morning ride to Bucerias is nice and quiet.Outside of Nuevo is too busy for me.

Have a great time..

rhonda

Post by rhonda » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:43 am

Agreeing with others, there is one fairly hair-raising highway that connects Nuevo and runs back towards town and continues south. *Heavy* traffic of trucks, busses, taxis, cars, with some fairly wild rules-of-the-road! And in El Centro and southside the streets are cobblestone, again with tons of traffic. I've spent many many vacations in downtown PV and can't recall seeing people on scooters. Believe me a bus will be MUCH safer for you.

Two people staying at my hotel in December wiped out pretty bad (fortunate it wasn't worse!) on a motorcycle around the Tunel area and were limping around with gauze and netting on their scrapes and scratches.