Chicken & Eggs - Cabron is Right!!

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

bwana
PV Fan
PV Fan

Chicken & Eggs - Cabron is Right!!

Post by bwana » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:38 pm

Cabron is absolutely right!! The problem with those of us that live in the U.S. is that we have been conditioned over the years to eat inferior food and expect that this is what food should taste like. As a farm kid, where we raised our own chickens and eggs, the chickens had "yellow skin" and had much more flavor than those we buy at the supermarket. The eggs had a much more of an 'egg taste' because they ate nature food. This is not a bad thing - its the way it should be. Certainly the beef is tougher - the cattle have a harder time in Mexico and aren't feed quite as good as in the lands to the north. Many people that live in Mexico feel that the food is much healthy down there. The best advice anyone can have going to P.V. is to take reasonable precautions where you eat; don't eat on the street; but enjoy the food and don't let unnecessary worry spoil your trip.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Eat on the street?

Post by teduardo » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:23 pm

As long as the stand is clean, why would you say "don't eat on the street"? There are some great street stands around Vallarta. Just look for the ones with lots of locals eating there, they have been for years, and don't seem to be dying off. Personally, I am looking forward to some wonderful street tacos and quesadillas in thirty days. Oh yeah, don't forget the street tamales, emmmm.

susana

Re:DO eat on the street!

Post by susana » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:05 pm

Although I agree with the thoughts on chicken, egg, beef ... I'm not sure whay someone would say as a hard and fast rule "don't eat on the street"?

There is wonderful, cheap food available at the various stands. You can get sick just as easy from bad food in an expensive restaurant. Choose from the places that are busy and crowded with locals eating there every day!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Chicken & Eggs - Cabron is Right!!

Post by howard_jax » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:04 pm

Agree with the last 2 posters. Some of my most enjoyable meals have been at street stands. Fresh, good and also pretty damn inexpensive. You just need to get to the right ones. Try the site listed

-www.vallarta-info.com/streetfood.html

It has never steered me wrong.