Maritime Terminal Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta office. Directions will be included with your confirmation.
Tour Type: Ecotour, On the water, Scuba
Join the professional team of Vallarta Adventures’ PADI Five Star Dive Center for an hour-long trip in our fully equipped dive boat to one of our favorite dive sites in the outer limits of Banderas Bay: Los Anegados.
Halfway between the Marietas Islands and El Morro, there is a bank where shallows transition into deeper waters and divers can join bottom dwellers like rays and eels and then pelagics like jacks and tuna in waters that can sometimes pose a challenge but are typically pleasantly mild and easy for more experienced divers to navigate.
See Caves and Fascinating Rock Formations
Where else can you see such a wide variety of marine life in one day? The relatively sheltered rocky bank at Los Anegados is peppered with caves and punctuated by intricate rock formations that are the perfect hiding spots for creatures both large and small, including moray eels, eagle rays and sometimes even nurse sharks.
A Shallow but Challenging Scuba Dive in Los Anegados
The shallow depths at Los Anegados may make it seem like an easy site, but this dive can sometimes be demanding for even more experienced divers. There are sometimes strong currents to contend with and north winds can make the ocean rough. Very rarely, the conditions at Los Anegados are such that we don’t feel we can guarantee our guests’ safety, and in such cases, we take guests to the beautiful Marietas Islands or to another dive site in the southern part of Banderas Bay.
• Cold water season (Dec-May)
• 60°F – 75°F / 15 a 24 ºC
• Visibility: 3-9m / 10-30 ft
• Best time to see Rays, Mantas Rays and schools of fish
• We provide full 5.5mm wetsuits (we do not provide boots, hoods or gloves)
##Warm water season (Jun-Nov)
• 75°- 86°F / 24 a 30 ºC
• Visibility: 9-24m / 30-80 ft
• Best time to see manta ray to see Manta Rays and Nurse Sharks, but it depends on the ocean
• Dives: 2 Dives
• Water Temp: 60-86 °F / 15 – 30 ºC
• Average Visibility: 3-27 m / 10-80 ft
• Depth: 9-24 metros / 30-80 ft
- PADI Dive Master
- Diving equipment
- Wetsuit (upon request in winter)
- 2 Dives
- Light Snacks and beverages
What to Bring
- Biodegradable Sunscreen
- Valid Certification Card
- Extra cash for dock fees
- Note: There is a $30 Pesos (About $1.50 USD) Per Person Marina Entrance Fee
- To dive at Los Anegados, the minimum age is 12.
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, divers shouldn’t fly within 18 hours after two or more dives, and within 12 hours after one dive in a day.
- To dive at Los Anegados, you must have an Advanced Certification or higher.
- Expecting mothers are not allowed.