Playa Del Sol Costa Sur???

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

HappyinAz
PV Fan
PV Fan

Playa Del Sol Costa Sur???

Post by HappyinAz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:24 pm

We are going to PV for the first time in February. We have reservations for a week at Playa Del Sol Costa Sur?

Is this place any good? Is it a long way from the nightlife and main tourist areas?

Thanks for any advise!

rosie

Post by rosie » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:03 am

not a long way away but not in the middle of it either. you will need to cab or bus into town, maybe 10 minutes away or so. The condos are right on the beach, there are a couple of restaurants on site (I haven't tried them yet but will during our stay to the south in a couple of weeks)

94degrees
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

How was the resort?

Post by 94degrees » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:04 am

Hi Rosie I guess I posted my first message in a different place....ops, still an amateur at this. Anyways I was wondering if your back from your vacation yet and how you liked Playa Costa del Sur? I'm trying to find a good resort for my sister-in-law and this was one I was looking at. I'd appreciate any info you can give. Thanks!

lanhawk
PV Fan
PV Fan

Costa Sur

Post by lanhawk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:08 am

Hi,
I have owned a week at costa sur for years, I can answer any of your questions. Is it by the clubs, no.. you need to take a 10 min. bus ride into town and after 10pm will need to take a taxi home. It has its own private beach, two pools, restaurant and every condo faces the bay with balcony. Nobody eats at the restaurant, with all the great restaurants in town, there is no need, although the food is not bad. To me its the best of both worlds, away from the noise of the city yet close enough to enjoy the city. PM me if you need more info.

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:58 pm

I and several family members have owned here since around 1990 back when it was Costa Vida. It really is a very nice place. Many of the staff have been working there for that long and still work there. Since the ownership change it has lost a little bit of the charm it had as the new owners seem to want to cater a little more to the non owners. Some owners have sold and others have stuck around. We all still enjoy it though despite that our favorite manager has moved on. Its a great place to stay and is in a prime location. You wont be disappointed.

You cant see much from it but the photo in my avatar was taken in the restaraunt there.

(WE MISS YOU ERNESTO!!)