Hola Puerto Vallarta formerly Qualton

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tuna
PV Fan
PV Fan
Hola Puerto Vallarta formerly Qualton

Post by tuna » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:15 pm

Finally going back to PV, has been 2 years since we were last there. Stayed at the Canto Del Sol and had a great time. Got a great deal (i think) leaving this Monday Dec 18th direct from Saskatoon all taxes included for $800 per person.

Anyways, when did Qualton change and how is the new owners/resort (i assume its new owners?)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:14 pm

haven't heard much since they changed hands... but i do understand that they do have quite the "adult" atmosphere.... Supposedly there was a one week convention of "Swingers" there... something similar to the happenings of Hedo III in Jamaica.... but have not found anybody that was there during that time or any comments since the changes on this board or the other board i frequent.... how about anybody else...

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:32 pm

tojol57 wrote:haven't heard much since they changed hands... but i do understand that they do have quite the "adult" atmosphere.... Supposedly there was a one week convention of "Swingers" there... something similar to the happenings of Hedo III in Jamaica.... but have not found anybody that was there during that time or any comments since the changes on this board or the other board i frequent.... how about anybody else...
what happens at the hola,stays at the hola

tuna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by tuna » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:51 am

My wife says OH Great and I say ALright, giggadi giggadi.

Should be a great time regardless.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Hey chi-mike, i am sure they say that too.... and i am sure that a lot of people were gawking from the beach area as they were walking by too...

I hear you there tuna... got a lot of the same response from my better half too... HA HA HA

tuna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by tuna » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:55 pm

I better buy some tinted sunglasses :)

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:24 pm

tuna wrote:I better buy some tinted sunglasses :)

I recommend Mirrored sun glasses!! :wink:

Condor Image

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:26 pm

OH yes, get the Hank Williams' specials for mirrored glasses... can't find your eyes in those babies... that is for sure... HA HA HA HA HA

been there done that one too....

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Hola

Post by smitty » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:25 pm

Tuna is already at the resort so this post is a little late . We walked by the resort several times and it seemed to be a very normal crowd . People will do as they want but the swinger attitude really creeps me out .

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:16 am

tojol57 wrote:OH yes, get the Hank Williams' specials for mirrored glasses... can't find your eyes in those babies... that is for sure... HA HA HA HA HA

been there done that one too....
Tom...where haven't you been or done? :lol:

Joyce

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh my goodness, my sister and her husband are staying at the Hola and if there is another swinger convention than the fireworks that will be seen from PV all the way to Cancun will not be coming from the pirate ship! My sister will blow her freakin top and my brother in law would be wearing the Hank Williams shades!!!
I'd love to be a fly on the wall if that happened!

Joyce

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Hola

Post by Jennybean » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:32 am

I'm pretty sure that swingers convention was a one time deal, and it was 3 or 4 years ago. (internet search engines are very powerful tools LOL)

I think y'all are safe. :lol:

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:17 am

What everyone is talking about is the International Lifestyles Convention that was held 10/1-10/8/06 at the Qualton (Hola). It was clothing optional in the pool area and topless on the beach. They also had an exotic artwalk tied in with that convention. It was only for that week. The month I just spent in PV there was nothing out of the norm on the beach at Hola (unless you count the activities guy in his tight speedos). :roll:

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Hola

Post by Jennybean » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:24 am

Oh those guys...I've seen more racy behaviour and smaller swimsuits at the Blue Chairs. :lol:

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Holas Nude News

Post by smitty » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:57 pm

Sunscreen sellers must of made a killing that week . Burned beach bums and sizzled swingers making merry. Image

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:48 pm

:-00 that's too bad... the way they "livened" it up on the websites for like Hedo III in Jamaica it sounded like the Hola was going to make a big splash with this convention. :-|3 Now Hedo III lives up to the name of Hedonism that is for sure. and NO i am not speaking from experience, but do have some very good friends that have been there a couple of times as well as one on the East side of mexico that practices the lifestyle in a big way....

party on as if there is no tomorrow....