SHRIMP!

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Lloyd Christmas

SHRIMP!

Post by Lloyd Christmas » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:40 am

What can I say, I love shrimp. I'm there on January 3 and would really appreciate a heads up on where to go for the best shrimp in PV. Thanks in advance.

mrmike9

Re:SHRIMP!

Post by mrmike9 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:19 am

I've heard some good reviews from The Shrimp Factory on Ignacio Vallarta. The only complaint I heard was that it was a little pricey.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:20 pm

Same with the Blue Shrimp. 779 Morelos

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:25 pm

Pacifica Grill on Basilo Badillo has very good shrimp. It too is a little pricey ($17-$18USD), but it is all you can eat. Don't fill up on the shrimp bisque, salad and garlic bread they bring first (but eat some, the salad and bisque are excellent). The main course is steamed, fried and coconut shrimp, with several good dipping sauces. We barely finished the one plate much less asking for more, but you can.

slippery- pete

Post by slippery- pete » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:37 am

1 kilo of shrimp for 80 pesos at Presidencia restaurant just off malecon by Mc Donalds.

BOSTON

Post by BOSTON » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:27 am

"Playa Dorada" in Bucerias. I had the garlic shrimp there the other night. It was the best meal Ive ever had. Not very expensive at all. Cant remember the exact price, but maybe $12 for like a lot of shrimp. It really was a great place.