molinillo...

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rosie
molinillo...

Post by rosie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:43 pm

wiil be looking for these in Oct. they are a stick like utensil used for frothing milk and MX chocolate. I can find them online but would really like to find them in PV. any suggestions on where to look?

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:25 am

Rosie! I found some of these when Kellymarie and I were walking along Aquiles Serdan after leaving La Escondida last year. They were in a little tienda on the south side of the street, but I have no idea what the name of it was, or if it even had a name. But they had all kinds of things from toys to household items to hardware items. There were two or three different sizes and I bought two. I see those kinds of tiendas all the time in the residential neighborhoods, but this was the first time I'd gone in and looked around.

I bought an antique molinillo in East Texas a few years ago and have it hanging on my wall. I thought I might start (another) collection.

I will help you look for some in October. Bet you could find one on that shopping trip you're planning.

rosie

Post by rosie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:31 pm

thanks Deb! just gives me an excuse to aimlessly wander the streets of PV! as if I need one!

JPinBC

Post by JPinBC » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:29 pm

Hi rosie and pvdeb!! I'll admit to only having a partial clue about what you two were talking about until I checked out a website showing some of the highly-crafted Mexican ones. Wow - these things look 'cool'. You've stirred our interest, suspect we'll be looking as well, during our upcoming November wanderings!! Maybe a 'plain' model for actual cooking use, and a handicraft model or two for souvenirs?

Cheers!!
John and Jean

rosie

Post by rosie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 pm

add a box of MX hot chocolate pucks to it and you have a very neat gift!

mshuckleberrys
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mshuckleberrys » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:17 pm

This sounds very interesting. Let me know if you find them and tell me more about the MX hot chocolate. I don't knwo about it. We will not be coming down until Jan 07 nora

rosie

Post by rosie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:51 pm

the MX chocolate can be found just about everywhere, Ibarra, is the most common, is usually packaged in a six sided box, yellow and red in colour. You melt a piece or whole puck (for larger quantity of hot chocolate) in warm milk, add a bit more cinnamon, use the molinillo to froth it and...yum!

ps works well with soy milk as well.
Last edited by rosie on Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JPinBC

Post by JPinBC » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:13 pm

".... add a box of MX hot chocolate pucks to it and you have a very neat gift!"

We've been seeking gift ideas and this is a great suggestion!!

mshuckleberrys
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mshuckleberrys » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:26 am

Thanks, I will look for it when I get there. Let me know where you can get the molinillo. I want to get one when I get there. nora