walmart/sams club

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jnppvm
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
walmart/sams club

Post by jnppvm » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:47 pm

We were thinking of buying a digital camcorder before going on our trip to PV in October. Can anyone tell me if you can buy these at Walmart or Sams Club in PV for a lower price than in the United States. Also would a Sams card from the United States even work in Mexico.

rosie

Post by rosie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:55 pm

your Sam's club card is ok, Costco isn't

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:25 am

(www.sams.com.mx)

check them out at the above site

chico

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:57 am

Typically electronics, cameras, etc. are more expensive in PV than they are in the states.

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:21 pm

I would caution you about buying any appliances at Sams in Vallarta whatsoever. Walmart I have no experience with.

In the past 2 years I have purchased, a washing machine, 2 VHS players, a DVD player, 1 TV, 1 power plant, and 1 weed eater from Sams.

ALL of these promptly fell apart or otherwize stopped working. Took me a long time to learn but I will never buy another electrical item from Sams again. I am convinced that they ship 2ds or 3rds from the states here to sell to the unsuspecting.

The quality is just horrible. For what its worth.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:28 pm

lyrihn wrote:I would caution you about buying any appliances at Sams in Vallarta whatsoever. Walmart I have no experience with.

In the past 2 years I have purchased, a washing machine, 2 VHS players, a DVD player, 1 TV, 1 power plant, and 1 weed eater from Sams.

ALL of these promptly fell apart or otherwize stopped working. Took me a long time to learn but I will never buy another electrical item from Sams again. I am convinced that they ship 2ds or 3rds from the states here to sell to the unsuspecting.

That's good to know - thanks. They may be just trading on their well-known name and not backing it up. But as Sam's and Wal-mart are owned by the same company, would there be any difference?

littlejon3
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by littlejon3 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:24 pm

ellen wrote:
lyrihn wrote:I would caution you about buying any appliances at Sams in Vallarta whatsoever. Walmart I have no experience with.

That's good to know - thanks. They may be just trading on their well-known name and not backing it up. But as Sam's and Wal-mart are owned by the same company, would there be any difference?
Yes, even though they are owned by the same parent company. Wal-Mart and Sam's Club each have their own vendors, their own buyers, their own contracts and their own products. Some products overlap the two, but they have seperate contracts for the two, usually because there is a difference in quantity or packaging between the two stores.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:58 pm

We purchased a digital camera from Sam's club in 2005 and it still works to this day. We had no problems with it and it was about the same cost as what I would have paid in Canada.