Wal-mart/Sam's club

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Andrea Golombeck
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Wal-mart/Sam's club

Post by Andrea Golombeck » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:42 am

I will be going to Vallarta in early October to furnish my condo there, I have never been to the Walmart/Sam's club in P.V. and was wondering if they stock pretty much the same variety of goods as in the U.S. will mainly be looking for bedding, towels etc.
Also any tips on where to buy good quality but not crazy expensive furniture would be great.
Thanks an advance! Andrea[/b]

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:05 am

I would say that you will find similar bedding at Walmart and Sam's as you do at home but not the quantity or variety. We bought our bedroom comforter and sheets at Sam's 3 years ago and there are many other stores that carry them too. As for furniture, if you are speaking of sofas and chairs, there are lots of places that sell them, particularly along Juarez street but you definitely get what you pay for. You may want to go to a decorating shop for help there, or make a trip to Guadalajara. Our place was already furnished and all we had to do was reupholstery so I'm not much help. If you're speaking of chests of drawers and wooden pieces, try the place on the road to Pitallal on the left hand side.
Good luck.

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:08 am

there's a great little wood furniture store in Sayulita. Sorry, can't remember the name of it.

Andrea Golombeck
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Furniture/bedding

Post by Andrea Golombeck » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:51 am

ellen wrote:I would say that you will find similar bedding at Walmart and Sam's as you do at home but not the quantity or variety. We bought our bedroom comforter and sheets at Sam's 3 years ago and there are many other stores that carry them too. As for furniture, if you are speaking of sofas and chairs, there are lots of places that sell them, particularly along Juarez street but you definitely get what you pay for. You may want to go to a decorating shop for help there, or make a trip to Guadalajara. Our place was already furnished and all we had to do was reupholstery so I'm not much help. If you're speaking of chests of drawers and wooden pieces, try the place on the road to Pitallal on the left hand side.
Good luck.
Thanks for the info, I am thinking I will bring the quilts from home and just buy the less important esthetic items like sheets and blankets from Sams and Walmart. I have been considering going to Guadalajara as a lot of folks I have talked to have recommended going there for furniture. I do have a contact who will take me around Guadalajara and arrange transporting stuff back to Vallarta.
Thanks for the advice :)