Puerto Vallarta is one of the most romantic places on Earth. There's nothing like watching the sunset over the ocean while witnessing the magical colors shimmering off of the windows of every house in town, as well as the waters of Banderas Bay.
The warmth of both the air, the sea and the people, make the city a great place to just stroll along the Malecon and enjoy an ice cream cone, or sit and enjoy a beer or a drink at one of the many beach bars along the way.
If you are into gourmet meals, that's another great option for a romantic moment, at a restaurant by the beach or up in the hills with a spectacular view of the bay, the town, and the sunsets.
Right off the top of my head, I'll list a few romantic ideas for your trip.
- Stroll along the malecón, watch the shows at the amphitheater by Los Arcos.
- Eat an ice-cream on the plaza on Sunday afternoon, listen to the music groups that play there at the kiosk and dance a bit with the old-timers there.
- A sunset beer or meal at a restaurant on Los Muertos Beach.
- A trip to the Marieta Islands.
- A sunset sailing cruise in the bay, maybe to Los Arcos too.
- Stroll and relax on Isla Cuale.
- A day at the beach in Yelapa.
- Stay a night at one of the more "tropical island" hotels and getaways, say Lagunita Yelapa, Majahuitas Resort, Hotelito Desconocido or Xinalani Retreat close to Quimixto.
- Take a romantic tour, Rhythms of the Night, for example.
- Enjoy a great view, music and a fabulous meal at the Panorama Restaurant or similar places like El Palomar de Los González or Vista Grill.
- Take a stroll along the Los Muertos Beach, the pier and visit Las Pilitas, El Púlpito and Amapas Beach.
- Have a great coffee at one of the cafés along Olas Altas street in the Romantic Zone.
- Dinner at any of the hundreds of great restaurants in town, options include La Dolce Vita, Daiquiri Dick's, El Dorado, Archie's Wok, Trio, La Palapa, Barcelona Tapas, River Café and many, many others.
Use this video to find some more romantic ideas, or read the Top 10 Romantic ideas section too: